2008 has been a banner year for SihanoukVille. We've had more tourist here during the summer months than we had in all of 2006.
a few improvements to town.
* Utopia's swimming pool is almost finished
* Monkey Republic just celebrated their 3rd anniversary.
* Victory Hill now has 3 places with swimming pools.
* Victory Beach has been cleaned up.
* Otres and Ocheteaul Beaches are expanding. The strip from one end to the other is now about 4 kilometers (including the empty area in back of the new Sokha Resort going up someday).
* Decent low end rooms are available on most beach areas from $4 and up (Utopia's rooms start at $2)
* More booze than ever is flowing through town and some falls into the sea.
* Happy Pizza's owners are happier than ever.
The bus from Koh Kong, Cambodia / Trat, Thailand is booming since the completion of all the bridges between Koh Kong and SihanoukVille. You can even get a bus between Koh Kong and Kampot / Kep.